PokerStars received the ‘Online Poker Operator of the Year’ award for the second consecutive year at the prestigious International Gaming Awards held in London.
“Run it twice! We’re proud to take down this award for the second straight time” said Eric Hollreiser, Head of Corporate Communications for the Rational Group. “And we’ll be doing everything we can in the next 12 months to make a strong run at a three-peat.”
During the past year PokerStars has maintained its position as the market leader by continuing to improve its product and introducing innovative new features, including:
• PokerStars reached its 100 billion hands milestone in June 2013.
• PokerStars received a Guinness World Record for organising the largest online poker tournament featuring 225,000 participants.
• PokerStars.NET on Facebook Beta was launched in February 2013 as an extension of free-play PokerStars.net site on the social media platform.
• PokerStars signed former Brazilian soccer star Ronaldo as a brand ambassador, joining tennis superstar Rafa Nadal, in a continued effort to introduce poker to new audiences and increase consumer credibility and confidence in online poker.
• The World Championship of Online Poker and Spring Championship of Online Poker continued to be the two largest online poker festivals of the year, with a total of more than $137 million in prizes awarded to players.
• Four new Omaha poker variants were added to the PokerStars software – 5 Card Omaha, 5 Card Omaha Hi/Lo, Courchevel, and Courchevel Hi/Lo.
PokerStars joined a prestigious group of 2014 award winners at the International Gaming Awards, which included:
• The home of PokerStars LIVE Macau – Melco Crown Entertainment City of Dreams – (Casino VIP Room of the Year)
• PokerStars.net APPT Aussie Millions venue – Crown Melbourne (Casino/Integrated Resort of the Year)
• EPT Season 10 sponsor – Skrill – (Corporate Services Supplier)
• Rational Group online payment provider – Optimal Payments
(Payment Solutions Provider)
In addition to winning the ‘Online Poker Operator of the Year’ award, PokerStars was also a finalist for the ‘Mobile Gaming Operator of the Year’ and ‘Gaming Industry Fair Play’ awards.