Today we can unveil our schedule of live poker events for 2020.
Time to start planning your 2020 poker campaigns, with the new year tournament schedule out today.
There are 21 confirmed live events on the calendar. Some lead up to the PokerStars Players Championship (PSPC) in Barcelona next Summer, while others will see out the year in the usual style.
It all starts in Manila, which is the first event in January.
In between there will be fabulous opportunities to win a Platinum Pass, and one of those coveted seats in the PSPC2020, with multiple Platinum Passes to be won. Not least for players in Spain and France, with Road to PSPC events on the schedule.
The biggest of all the events for 2020 will be on the European Poker Tour. But events in Asia and Brazil will rival those for drama and excitement.
Here’s a first look at 2020:
European Poker Tour 2020
- EPT Sochi: 20 to 29 March
- EPT Monte Carlo: 23 April to 2 May
- EPT Barcelona: 12 to 30 August
Please note: An earlier version of this article omitted details of EPT Sochi.
Asia Events 2020
- Red Dragon Manila: 4 to 11 January (PHP 60 Million Guaranteed)
- Okada Manila Millions 9 to 15 March
- Manila MegaStack 14: 22 to 31 May
- Manila Super Series 14: 6 to 12 July
- APPT Manila 2020: 31 July to 9 August (PHP 28 million guaranteed overall)
- Manila Super Series 15: 22 to 28 September
- Manila MegaStack Challenge: 6 to 13 December
Road to PSPC – France 2020
- La Havre: 15 to 19 January
- St Amand: 11 to 16 February
- La Grand Motte: 10 to 15 March
- Cannes: 10 to 14 June
Road to PSPC – Spain 2020
- Barcelona: 13 to 19 January
- Valencia: 2 to 8 March
- Madrid Gran Via: 31 March to 5 April
- Madrid Torreldones: 1 to 5 July
- Brasília: 30 January to 4 February
- São Paulo: 19 to 24 March
European Poker Tour back in 2020
The biggest on the schedule are on the European Poker Tour. Stops in Sochi, Monte Carlo, and Barcelona offer the biggest arenas for players looking for a big payout.
Alongside the EPT Main Event in Barcelona comes the PSPC, also at Casino Barcelona. A Platinum Pass earns you a seat at this second incarnation of the PokerStars Players Championship. And they’ll be hundreds of winners to be names in 2020.
Each Platinum Pass awards free entry to the €22,500 buy-in (approx. $25,000) tournament as well as a six-night hotel stay, flights, transfer and certain expenses for the winner and a guest.
PSPC 2020 will take place at Casino Barcelona from August 20-24. Back in January 2019 the inaugural PSPC broke records as the biggest $25,000 buy-in live poker tournament in history.
Former Spanish gym owner Ramon Colillas topped a field of 1,039 players to take home $5.1 million.
Of course, while you can buy in directly to all the events above, you can win your way to each of them in online satellites on PokerStars.
They’ll start in the weeks prior to the events above. Some are even running now (for Manila), so check out the PokerStars lobby for more details.
We’ll see you on the road.