Ankush ‘pistons87’ Mandavia today beat up-and-coming German pro Kilian Kramer to claim his second heads-up side event of the season. Not only did the pair collect €11,870 and €11,370 respectively but they’ve now stretched out at the top of the EPT Season 9 Heads-Up Player of the Year leader board.
It should come as little surprise that Mandavia is pushing out in front given that he won a WCOOP 2011 Heads-Up title for $119,000.
EPT9 Berlin, event #24
Date: 24-25 April 2013
Game: NLHE heads-up
Prize pool: €31,040
1. Ankush Mandavia, USA, €11,870*
2. Kilian Kramer, Germany, €11,370*
3. Pietro Paolo Sibione, Germany, €3,900
4. Goran Mandic, Croatia, €3,900
*reflects a heads-up deal.
Mandavia is the man to beat with 600 points (300 apiece for his two wins, the other one was at EPT Prague) while Kramer is within spitting distance on 485. Neither of them, not Finn Jorma Nuutinen, should miss the next and final heads-up event taking place at EPT Monaco is just a couple of weeks. The overall leader board winner collects a €5,300 seat into the EPT Barcelona Main Event at the beginning of Season 10.
The Season 9 Heads-Up Player of the Year*
1. Ankush Mandavia, USA, 600
2. Kilian Kramer, Germany, 485
3. Jorma Nuutinen, Finland, 400
4. Martin Finger, Germany, 360
5. Roger Hairabedian, France, 300
5. Terje Augdal, Norway, 300
7. Kent Lundmark, Sweden, 290
7. Rene Hochmuth, Germany, 290
9. Hagop Ketendjian, Canada, 285
9. Joseph Stiers, Canada, 285
*As they stand according to the blog’s hasty calculations.
Rick Dacey is staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.