Run It Twice: Available in Ring Games
All-in pots are a major part of Big Bet poker and, like it or not, sometimes the best hand when the money goes in doesn’t end up winning. But with PokerStars Run It Twice (RIT), you can try and change the outcome by dealing all remaining cards twice and splitting the pot between two boards.
When no more betting can occur in a hand, and all players still involved have enabled Run It Twice, the remaining community cards will be dealt twice, creating two separate boards. The pot is split evenly between both boards, awarding the two halves of the pot according to the final results of each board. So, if your opponent’s pocket aces hold up on the first board, you’ve still got a chance to crack them and win your money back on the second!
NOTE: Run It Twice will not work in any tournaments.
How to Run It Twice
Run It Twice is available on No Limit and Pot Limit Hold’em and Omaha ring game tables where community cards are dealt. Run It Twice is also available at any Mixed Game table during rounds of Hold’em and Omaha.
To Run It Twice, follow these simple steps.
- Click ‘Options’ at the top of the PokerStars lobby and select ‘Run It Twice’
- Select one of four Run It Twice options. These are:
- Always: You will always want to Run It Twice when possible
- By table (default ON): Using a checkbox, you decide on each table whether to Run It Twice or not. The checkbox will start switched ON
- By table (default OFF): Using a checkbox, you decide on each table whether to Run It Twice or not. The checkbox will start switched OFF
- Never: You will never Run It Twice
- If you want to Run It Twice, be sure to select either ‘Always’ or one of the ‘By table’ options and ensure the ‘Run It Twice’ checkbox is selected at each table you would like to use the feature on
- When no further betting is possible in a hand on eligible tables, and all remaining players have enabled Run It Twice, any remaining community cards will be dealt twice on separate boards
- Once the remaining cards have been dealt on both boards, the pot will be distributed to each winning hand, according to normal poker rules. If one player holds the winning hand for both boards, they will scoop the entire pot!
Run It Twice Rules
PokerStars does not charge extra rake for this feature, but you will only be able to Run It Twice when specific criteria are met.
- The game is either No Limit or Pot Limit.
- The game is a ring game, or Zoom Poker, with a communal board (Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo).
- The river card has not yet been dealt.
- No further betting is possible by any player.
- All players still involved in the hand have Run It Twice enabled.
If you have any questions about Run It Twice, or any other PokerStars features, contact firstname.lastname@example.org