10th Anniversary Giveaway - Terms & Conditions
PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Giveaway Rules & Regulations
The following are the rules (“Rules”) of the ‘PokerStars 10th Anniversary Give-away’ promotion ("Promotion"), as organized by the operator (hereinafter referred to as "PokerStars") of the Internet site found at www.pokerstars.com (the "Site") and of the PokerStars GUI software (the "Client"). All entrants (each an “Entrant” or “you”) who wish to participate in the Promotion hereby accept these Rules together with the Terms and Conditions governing the Site which can be found at /poker/room/tos/ (“Terms and Conditions”) as well as the tournament rules governing participation in any tournament on the Site (“Tournament Rules”) which can be found here – /poker/tournaments/rules/) and agree to be unconditionally bound by these Rules, the Terms and Condition, as well as the Tournament Rules
- Details of the Promotion
- This Promotion will run from November 1, 2011 to December 11, 2011 (the “Duration”).
- Full details of how to take part in the Promotion for a chance to win can be found on the 10th Anniversary Give-away main page.
- All Entrants must (i) be 18 years of age or the applicable legal age of maturity in the actual jurisdiction he/she resides in (whichever the greater) to participate in the Promotion; and (ii) You may be asked at any stage to provide PokerStars or its designated third party with proof of age and/or identity. All Entrants must be able to present a valid passport or other valid picture ID to verify their age and/or identity to the reasonable satisfaction of PokerStars. Any Entrant who is unable to produce any such document(s) to the reasonable satisfaction of PokerStars will be automatically excluded from the Promotion and may forfeit any privileges, prizes or funds that have been attained by or awarded to that Entrant in relation thereto.
- By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant is deemed to have granted PokerStars the right to use his/her name, likeness, voice and image in marketing and promotion campaigns in any media whatsoever without further compensation and expressly waives the right to any claims or any action against PokerStars in this regard.
- Employees and relatives of employees of PokerStars and any entities affiliated or related to PokerStars are not permitted to participate in the Promotion. For these purposes, the term ‘relative’ shall mean spouse, partner, parent, child, sibling or housemate.
- In order to participate in the Promotion, all Entrants confirm that the name and address which he/she has registered in their PokerStars account on the Site is correct and up to date.
- Health and Safety
- Entrants must take all reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety when taking part in any events or activities forming part of the Promotion or the Prize. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which PokerStars considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological) will lead to your immediate disqualification.
- Each Entrant is obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure his/her safety standards and the general appropriateness of participating in the Promotion and acknowledge that participation in the Promotion is undertaken at his/her own risk.
- Each Entrant must notify PokerStars of any medical or other condition which may mean that he/she is unfit to participate in the Promotion as soon as he/she becomes aware of such a condition. PokerStars reserves the right to forfeit your place in the Promotion or the awarding of the ‘Prize’ as referred to in Section 6 below (without liability or compensation) if, in its sole opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Promotion.
- Conduct of Entrants
- During the Promotion, strict rules regarding the behaviour of all Entrants will be enforced. PokerStars reserves the right to take action against any Entrant found to be abusing any aspect of the Promotion. Such action includes, but is not limited to, exclusion or suspension from the Promotion or from the Client, and the confiscation of rewards earned as a result of the abuse. The decision on what activity constitutes abuse of the Promotion lies with PokerStars management in its sole discretion.
- If PokerStars becomes aware of any fraud, deceit, misconduct or similar action during or in relation to an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or where there is a breach by an Entrant of these Rules, the Terms and Conditions or the Tournament Rules, then PokerStars reserves the absolute right to automatically disqualify such an Entrant or treat that Entrant’s participation as invalid. If the fraud, deceit, misconduct or other action is only discovered after the Prize has been awarded, the Entrant shall be required to return the same (or provide compensation) to PokerStars forthwith upon notification by PokerStars.
- The prize is a PokerStars Caribbean Adventure tournament package (the “Prize”) consisting of:
- Buy-in to the the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Main Event 2012 (“PCA 2012”);
- Hotel accommodation at the Atlantis Resort in The Bahamas from January 6-15, 2012;
- $1,000 for travel costs and expenses to the PCA 2012 (“Travel Expenses”). The Travel Expenses will be paid directly to the winning player’s PokerStars account and all travel arrangements to the PCA 2012 must be made by the winning player directly.
- a $1,000 room credit at the Atlantis Resort for the period specified in paragraph 5(ii) above.
- A Prize will not be awarded to a person who, for any reason, would not be allowed by law to use the prize or where the supply of the Prize to that person would be unlawful.
- The Winner shall be required to enter into a separate binding agreement with PokerStars with regards to conditions governing the awarding of the Prize (“Prize Conditions”). Failure to abide by the Prize Conditions may result in the forfeiture of the Prize.
- Winners are not entitled nor authorized in any way to commit PokerStars to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same.
- The prize is a PokerStars Caribbean Adventure tournament package (the “Prize”) consisting of:
- Exclusions of liability
- PokerStars is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury suffered by you arising out of or in any way connected with the Promotion or Prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the Prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability for (i) negligence by PokerStars; (ii) death or personal injury arising out of Pokerstars’ negligence or the negligence of its employees; (iii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iv) any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- PokerStars accepts no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
- PokerStars shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Promotion or in respect of the Prizes where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control and whilst PokerStars may endeavour to provide an alternative Prize, it shall not be liable to compensate a Winner in such circumstances.
- In the case of disputes in regards to the participation rights, all matters relating to the awarding of the prizes and or the terms and conditions, the final decision lies with PokerStars management. Any decision made by PokerStars will be binding and shall not be subject to review or appeal by an Entrant or any third party.
- All Entrants will comply with the instructions and directions of PokerStars and its representatives. Failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification from the Promotion or withdrawal of the Prize, at PokerStars’ sole direction.
- PokerStars reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to add to, amend, or waive any of these Rules, the Terms and Conditions or the Tournament Rules and your participation in the Promotion shall serve as an acceptance of any such changes and/or variations to the same. You are required to check the Site regularly so as to keep yourself updated as to any changes to the Rules, Terms and Conditions and/or the Tournament Rules.
- You agree to indemnify PokerStars and employees against all costs, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including for loss of reputation and goodwill and professional advisors fees) suffered by PokerStars arising as a result of a breach by you of your obligations under these Rules, the Terms and Conditions or the Tournament Rules or in any way in connection your failure to follow PokerStars’ reasonable instructions with regard to your entry into the Promotion or taking of the Prize.
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Isle of Man courts.
- These Rules, the Terms and Conditions as well as the Tournament Rules represent the entire agreement between you and PokerStars relating to the Promotion (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by PokerStars) and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of these Rules does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Rules.
If you have any questions about PokerStars 10th Anniversary Give-away promotion, contact email@example.com.
Back to 10th Anniversary main page.