PokerStars Backstage Promotion - Terms and Conditions
The following are the rules (“Rules”) of the PokerStars Backstage competition (the "Promotion"), as organized by the operator ("PokerStars") of the Internet site found at www.pokerstars.com (the "Site") and of the PokerStars GUI software (the "Client"). Your logging on to the Client to participate in the Promotion shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
Any entrant (“Entrant” /“you”/ “your”) who wishes to participate in the Promotion hereby agrees to: (i) these Rules, (ii) the Terms and Conditions governing the use of Site which can be found at /poker/room/tos/ (“Terms and Conditions”); (iii) the tournament rules governing participation in any tournament on the Site (“Tournament Rules”) which can be found here – /poker/tournaments/rules/) (iv) AMG Ticket Rules which are attached hereto as Exhibit A (“Ticket Rules”) and agree to be unconditionally bound by all of the same so as to participate in this Promotion.
- Details of Promotion
- This Promotion will run from March 4th, 2014 until further notice or terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement (the “Duration”).
- You will need to set up a Player Account (as described in Clause 2(b) below if you do not already have one) and play in any of the following daily poker tournaments via the Client:
- Free to play poker tournaments (“Freerolls”); or
- $0.10 (“Entry Fee”) + $0.01 “Administration Fee”) real money tournaments (“Real Money Games”)
- All Tournaments can be found under ‘Tourney’ > ‘Regional’ tabs in the main PokerStars lobby of the Client.
- Each Tournament has a maximum entry of 500 (five hundred) Entrants and registration will open 2 (two) hours prior to the commencement of the Tournament. Each day, once all required Entrants are registered, you will not be able to play in the Tournament for that day.
- The winner of each applicable Tournament (“Winner”) will be awarded a pair of tickets to one of the live music concerts taking place at selected O2 music venues in 2014 (“Gig Tickets”). Details of the tickets that can be won and dates the concerts will be held on can be found at Exhibit A attached hereto.
- You may take part in as many Tournaments as you wish to increase your chance of winning Gig Tickets for the applicable Tournament you have registered to play in for this Promotion however you have to register to play in the Tournament before the requisite number of registered Entrants per day is reached.
- All Entrants must be 18 years of age or of applicable legal age of majority in the jurisdiction he/she resides in (whichever the greater) to participate in the Promotion. You may be asked at any stage to provide PokerStars or its designated third party with proof of your age and/or identity and you must, on demand, be able to present a valid passport or other valid government issued picture ID to verify your age and/or identity to the reasonable satisfaction of PokerStars. Any Entrant who is unable to produce any such document(s) to the reasonable satisfaction of PokerStars will be automatically excluded from the Promotion and may forfeit any privileges, prizes or funds that have been attained by or awarded to that Entrant in relation thereto, without compensation of any kind.
- Each Entrant must be the same person whose name appears on the PokerStars account on the Site (“Player Account”) that registered to take part in the Promotion as the individual who actually participates in the Promotion. By taking part in this Promotion, you hereby confirm to PokerStars that your name and address as registered on your Player Account is correct and up to date. If you are unable to produce valid proof of your name and address to the reasonable satisfaction of PokerStars, you will be excluded or disqualified from the Promotion.
- Employees and relatives of employees of PokerStars and any entities affiliated or related to PokerStars are not permitted to participate in the Promotion. For these purposes, the term 'relative' shall mean spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling and ‘affiliated’ shall include but not be limited to mean such an employee’s housemate(s).
- This Promotion is only open to United Kingdom residents.
- Conduct of Entrants
- You may only have one Player Account with PokerStars and you must use that Player Account so as to take part in the Promotion. Furthermore, you must not permit another person to take part in the Promotion using your Player Account.
- If PokerStars becomes aware of any fraud, deceit, misconduct, dishonesty or similar action concerning an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or where there is a breach by an Entrant of these Rules, the Terms and Conditions or the Tournament Rules, then PokerStars reserves the absolute right to automatically disqualify such an Entrant or treat that Entrant’s participation as invalid. If the fraud, deceit, misconduct, dishonesty or other action is only discovered after any prize has been awarded to that Entrant, then Entrant shall be required, upon demand, to return the same (or provide compensation) to PokerStars forthwith upon notification to do so by PokerStars.
- Throughout the Duration, strict rules regarding the behaviour of all Entrants will be enforced by PokerStars and/or its designees. PokerStars reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary against any Entrant found to be in breach of these Rules, the Terms and Conditions or the Tournament Rules and/or acting deceitfully or dishonestly with respect to the Promotion and such action may include but shall not be limited to exclusion, suspension or disqualification from the Promotion and/or the Client, the confiscation of any prize or of any rewards that have been allocated and/or that would ordinarily have been awarded to that Entrant. The decision as to what activity or behaviour constitutes a breach of these Rules or the Promotion or what constitutes an act of deceit or dishonesty in relation to any conduct by an Entrant while participating in this Promotion rests solely with PokerStars in its sole discretion.
- Each Winner will receive a pair of Gig Tickets applicable to the Tournament he/she played in and won as set out in Exhibit A attached hereto. Note that there may be add-on experiences for winning certain Tournaments in addition to the Gig Tickets, such as but not limited to a VIP meet and greet with the band backstage (“VIP Add-ons”). Please see Exhibit A for a list of the VIP Add-ons that can be won.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Gig Tickets and VIP Add-ons (if applicable) (collectively, the “Prize”) may only be used on the dates as will be specified therein
- Where the VIP Add-on includes:
- hotel accommodation, this will be in a three star hotel (as shall be selected by us) for the night of the gig only;
- includes transportation, this means to and from the hotel you will be staying at to the venue where the gig will be held;
- VIP bar access, this means access only and does not include the cost of drinks (unless otherwise stated in the VIP Add-on).
- Drink tokens, this is limited to 3 drinks per person.
- We will notify Winners of their Prize within 72 (seventy two) hours from the end of the Tournament and communication will be via the email address linked to their Player Accounts.
- All Prizes that form part of this Promotion are non-transferable and may not be given away, assigned, transferred or sold to any other person(s).
- You agree to be bound by any additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier of the Prize, such as but not limited to the Ticket Rules attached hereto as Exhibit A (“Third Party Rules”). You further agree to comply with such Third Party Rules in order to receive and/or use the Prize and PokerStars will not be responsible for your failure to comply with the Third Party Rules. Failure to abide by the Third Party Rules may result in the forfeiture of the Prize.
- Winners are not entitled nor authorized in any way to commit PokerStars to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same.
- No Prize will not be awarded to any Entrant who, for any reason, would not be allowed by applicable law to use the Prize or where the supply of the Prize to that Entrant would be unlawful.
- Any Entrant in receipt of a Prize as part of this Promotion bears sole responsibility for all duties, taxes or charges that may be payable any relevant authority in relation to their receipt of the Prize in accordance with applicable laws.
- All Winners will be contacted within 30 (thirty) days from winning with information about how to collect and/or redeem their Prize.
- The final 10 places in each tournament will be awarded tournament dollars (“T Dollars”) to the value of $3.50 each. Tournament Dollars may be played in real money games online at PokerStars but cannot be withdrawn or exchanged for an alternative prize.
- Health and Safety
- All Entrants must comply with all health and safety guidelines, guidelines and instructions as may be given by PokerStars concerning their participation in this Promotion and adhere to any applicable legal and regulatory requirements as necessary. Failure to comply with any direction given may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
- Entrants must take all reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety when taking part in any events or activities forming part of the Promotion or the Prize. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which PokerStars considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological) will lead to your immediate disqualification.
- Each Entrant is obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure his/her safety standards and the general appropriateness of participating in the Promotion and acknowledge that participation in the Promotion is undertaken at his/her own risk.
- Each Entrant must notify PokerStars of any medical or other condition which may mean that he/she is unfit to participate in the Promotion as soon as he/she becomes aware of such a condition. PokerStars reserves the right to forfeit your place in the Promotion or the awarding of a Prize to you (if applicable), without liability or compensation, if, in its sole opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Promotion.
- Limitations of liability
- By participating in the Promotion you hereby agree to release, discharge and hold harmless PokerStars, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any costs, expenses damages, losses claims, actions or proceedings brought by you (or any third party on your behalf) (“Claims”), as a result of your participation in this Promotion and /or any Prize that may be awarded to you as a result thereof and PokerStars fully excludes any liability in relation to any such Claims (other than payment of any costs and expenses specifically provided as part of the Prize (if any) with respect to this Promotion). This limitation does not include any liability on the part of PokerStars to you for: (i) negligence; (ii) death or personal injury arising out of Pokerstars’ negligence or the negligence of its employees; (iii) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iv) any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- Save as permitted under clause 6.1 above, you acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in no event will PokerStars or its affiliates, including, without limitation, their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns, be liable to you or any party for: (i) any indirect, special, exemplary, punitive, incidental, consequential (including, but not limited to, damages for business interruption, loss of business and other profits, loss of programs, cost of replacing equipment or software or loss of records, information or data), or any other damages arising in any way from or in relation to your participation in this Promotion (or inability to do the same), even if PokerStars shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages; or (ii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the promotion.
- PokerStars shall not be liable to you to perform any of its obligations under the Promotion or in respect of the Prize where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control and whilst PokerStars may endeavour to provide an alternative Prize, it shall not be liable to compensate any Entrant where it fails to do so in such circumstances.
- You hereby agree to indemnify PokerStars, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and respective officers, directors, employees against all costs, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including for loss of reputation and goodwill and professional advisors fees) suffered by PokerStars arising as a result of a breach by you of your obligations under these Rules, the Terms and Conditions or the Tournament Rules or in connection with your failure to follow any instructions given by PokerStars or in relation to any matter concerning your participation in the Promotion.
- By participating in the Promotion, you hereby grant to PokerStars the right to use your name, likeness, voice and image in marketing and promotion campaigns in any media whatsoever in perpetuity throughout the world but without any compensation/remuneration for such use and you expressly waive any claims or rights in any action you may have against PokerStars pertaining to such use in any way.
- In the case of disputes concerning any aspect of this Promotion including but not limited to all matters relating to the awarding of the Prizes and or these Rules, the Terms and Conditions and/or the Tournament Terms, the final decision shall lie with PokerStars, and any decision by PokerStars shall be final and binding upon you and shall not be subject to review or appeal by you or any third party.
- These Rules, the Terms and Conditions as well as the Tournament Rules represent the entire agreement between you and PokerStars relating to the Promotion and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing) between PokerStars and you. Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties. Representations and terms (whether expressed or implied by law) are fully excluded. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of these Rules does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Rules.
- PokerStars reserves the right, at any time, to alter these Rules, the Terms and Conditions and/or the Tournament Rules at is sole discretion, including to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion if, in its sole discretion, PokerStars believes that the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. Any changes to the Promotion shall be made on the Site and your continued participation in the Promotion shall be deemed an acceptance of any proposed changes, modification or alterations.
- These Rules and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Isle of Man law. You hereby irrevocably agree that, subject as provided below, the courts of the Isle of Man shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning this Promotion and any matter arising therefrom and irrevocably waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts, or to claim that the action has been brought in an inconvenient forum, or that those courts do not have jurisdiction. Nothing in this clause shall limit the right of PokerStars to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
Gig ticket allocation - concert dates and times
|Gig||Venue||Tournament Date & Time||Entry||Tournament Name||Prize|
|Public Enemy (29/07/2014)||O2 Academy Bristol||06 July at 20:00 BST||Free||Public Enemy Gig Tickets||2 x pairs of standard tickets (1 pair per game) + Top 10 places win $3.50 each (tournament dollars)|
|The Hives (21/08/14)||O2 Academy Brixton||13 July at 20:00 BST||Free||The Hives Gig Tickets||3 x pairs of standard tickets (1 pair per game) + Top 10 places win $3.50 each (tournament dollars)|
|Public Enemy (30/07/14)||O2 ABC Glasgow||20 July at 20:00 BST||Free||Public Enemy Gig Tickets||2 x pairs of standard tickets (1 pair per game) + Top 10 places win $3.50 each (tournament dollars)|
|La Roux (12/11/14)||O2 Shepherd's Bush||27 July at 20:00 BST||Free||La Roux Gig Tickets||3 x pairs of standard tickets (1 pair per game) + Top 10 places win $3.50 each (tournament dollars)|
- Rules governing use of gig tickets
- Tickets are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the venue, event and /or Event Partner, which can be found on the event website and/or obtained at the box office. Breach of any of these Rules and Regulations or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall entitle the venue or Event Partner to eject you from the venue.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes cannot always be rectified. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- If an event is cancelled or rescheduled we will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- Tickets are sold subject to the venue or Event Partner’s rights to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- The venue reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the venue and Event Partner. The venue may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
- The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited. Tapes or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patron’s own food and drink may also be prohibited (please check with the venue).
- The venue and Event Partner accept no responsibility for any personal property.
- There will be no right to pass-outs or re-admissions of any kind, unless offered by management.
- Ticket holders give their express consent to their actual or simulated likeness to be included within any film, photograph, video, audio and/or audiovisual recording in relation to the event and/or any element thereof and such film, photograph, video, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security which may be carried out for the security of customers.
- Sale of Alcohol - if you appear to be under 25 we will ask you to prove your age in our venues. We apologise if this policy causes any embarrassment.
- Due to sound levels, crowd profiles at shows and the facilities at venues, AMG restrict the age of those attending events to children aged 8 & over unless otherwise specified. We do not recommend subjecting children to loud music over a sustained period of time.
- Any ticket holder throwing objects (beer, glasses etc.) will be removed from the building and no refund given. Furthermore, customer details will be provided to the regulatory authorities should an offence be alleged to have taken place.
- Smoking is not permitted in the venue offenders will be ejected.
- All of these terms and conditions are governed by English Law.
If you have any questions about this Promotion, contact email@example.com.