January Daily Challenge - Frequently Asked Questions
The January Daily Challenge is a month-long promotion during which you will have a selection of simple Challenges to choose from every day. Choose one of the Challenges on offer and complete for a chance to win your share of over $1,000,000 given away in prizes.
Find all details about the promotion here.
The promotion is running from 00:00 ET on January 1 until 23:59 ET on January 31, however there will be a Warm-up Challenge available on December 30 to get you started.
The January Daily Challenge has been tailored to suit players’ individual poker game preferences.
You can choose from ONE of three Challenges each day:
- Play two Sit & Go’s, including Spin & Go’s, with a real money buy-in
- Play one scheduled tournament with a real money buy-in
- Play 30 real money ring game hands, including Zoom
As soon as you have completed the Daily Challenge of your choice, you will receive a free ticket to a $10,000 All-in Shootout tournament. All-in Shootout tickets will usually be credited to your account within two hours of completing a Daily Challenge. You can earn a new ticket every day.
Note: On December 30-31 there is a Warm-up Challenge, and for completing this Challenge seats will be awarded to a corresponding $7,500 All-in Shootout on January 1 at 10:47 ET. Players completing the Challenge will be automatically registered into this prize tournament.
In your PokerStars client. Location of the January Daily Challenge menu depends on which device you are using:
PokerStars desktop users: Log-in to the PokerStars client and choose ‘Challenge‘ from the right hand side menu. Learn more about our new PS7 software here.
iOS devices: Log-in to the PokerStars app and press the ‘More’ menu at the bottom of your screen, then select ‘Challenge’.
Android™ devices: Log-in to the PokerStars app and access the extended menu on your Android™ device, then choose ‘Challenge’.
- Open your ’Challenge’ window in the PokerStars client or Mobile app.
- Hit ‘Start’ on an available Daily Challenge from January 1-31 to have your progress measured. Keep in mind that you need to opt-in for each Daily Challenge by hitting ‘Start’ BEFORE you complete it, to have your progress measured and get the reward. Please Note: As soon as you have chosen one of the three available Daily Challenges you cannot change the Challenge for that day, but you can choose a different Challenge the following day.
- When you have started and completed your Daily Challenge you will receive your ticket reward. The ticket reward will usually be credited to your account within two hours of completing a Challenge, but may take a few additional hours, so please be patient.
- Use your ticket to manually register for any $10,000 All-in Shootout running daily from January 2-February 1 at 07:47 ET, 09:47 ET and 11:47 ET. First prize in each $10,000 All-in Shootout is $1,000. Make sure you use your tickets before the final All-in Shootouts on February 1, as any unused tickets will expire.
- If you complete 10 or more Daily Challenges, you’ll earn entry to a special $100,000 Bonus All-in Shootout on February 2 or February 3, at 10:47 ET. $100,000 in cash prizes will be awarded, including $10,000 for the winner.
The Warm-up Challenge is a Challenge that will be available to players from December 30 until 23:59 ET on December 31. Players completing this Challenge will be automatically registered into the corresponding Warm-up All-in Shootout with a $7,500 prize pool. This All-in Shootout will take place on January 1 at 10:47 ET.
Unfortunately this is not possible. Once you have personally chosen your Challenge, you cannot change it for that day but you are free to choose a different Challenge the following day.
Simply hit ‘Start’ on the ‘$100K Bonus Challenge’ in your ‘Challenge’ window, and complete at least 10 Daily Challenges. When you have reached your Challenge target you will be automatically registered to a special $100,000 Bonus Challenge All-in Shootout on February 2 or February 3 at 10:47 ET, with $10,000 for the winner. There is a cap of 60,000 players for these tournaments, so make sure you complete your Challenges early to secure your seat. Note that it is not possible to unregister from the $100,000 Bonus Challenge All-in Shootout. If both of the Bonus All-in Shootouts reach the cap, the players that can’t take part will receive a $1 Spin & Go good will ticket by 23:59 ET, February 4. This only applies if the All-in Shootouts reach the cap.
Unfortunately, if you forgot to select and ‘Start’ your Daily Challenge before playing, those games or tournaments will not count towards completing the Challenge. You need to ‘Start’ each Challenge before you complete it to have any progress measured and to receive your All-in Shootout ticket. Go to your Challenge window to ‘Start’ your Challenge and then complete it. You have until 23:59 ET every day to complete your Challenge.
If you forget to ‘Start’ your Bonus Challenge there is no need to worry, as PokerStars will automatically start this for you if you forget to opt-in.
If you have completed your Challenge, it will move from the 'Live' tab to the 'Completed' tab, where you will also be able to see the status of your reward.
Yes, progress of your Challenge will be listed in your ‘Challenge’ window as either ‘In Progress’ or ‘Completed’. After you complete your Challenge, it will move from the ‘Live’ tab to the ‘Completed’ tab in your Daily Challenge window, where you can also see the status of your All-in Shootout ticket. If your reward is still being processed, your Challenge will show a ‘Ticket is pending’ message. Once you receive your ticket, this will be noted with ‘Ticket is credited’ in the same Challenge window. Note that the Warm-up Challenge and the Bonus Challenge won’t issue tickets; you will be automatically registered for the corresponding All-in Shootout within 48 hours.
If you go to your 'Completed' tab in the Daily Challenge window, you will be able to see the status of your ticket. Normally, your ticket will be credited to your account within two hours of you completing your Challenge, but in some cases it may take a few additional hours, so please be patient. Note that the Warm-up Challenge and the Bonus Challenge won’t issue tickets; you will be automatically registered for the corresponding All-in Shootout so please check the tournament lobby.
$7,500 Warm-up All-in Shootout – January 1 at 10:47 ET
$10,000 Daily Challenge All-in Shootout* – January 2-February 1 at 07:47 ET, 09:47 ET and 11:47 ET
$100,000 Bonus All-in Shootout – February 2 and February 3 at 10:47 ET
* You can choose to use your ticket reward to manually register to any available $10,000 All-in Shootout. Please Note: Unused tickets will expire on February 1.
You can use your $10,000 All-in Shootout tickets to register into any $10,000 All-in Shootout of your choice. You can choose the day and the time you wish to take part but please remember that you must use all your tickets by February 1 as any unused tickets will expire.
Note that there is a cap of 60,000 players for each All-In Shootout, and seats are available on a first come, first served basis. So if your All-In Shootout tourney of choice is already full, please select any of the other All-in Shootouts. If the $100,000 Bonus Challenge All-in Shootouts are full then players that are unable to secure a seat will get a good will compensation of a $1 Spin & Go ticket.
Each January Daily Challenge All-in Shootout has a prize pool of $10,000 in cash and awards $1,000 to the winner. The Warm-up All-in Shootout will award $7,500 in prizes, and the special Bonus All-in Shootouts on February 2 and February 3 at 10:47 ET have a $100,000 prize pool and award $10,000 for the winner.
No, in All-in Shootouts you don’t need to be present to be in with a chance of winning, as all players who have registered in advance will be all-in every hand until there’s a winner. You do, however, need to manually register for the All-in Shootout using your ticket. Please Note: This doesn’t apply for the Warm-up and Bonus Challenge All-in Shootouts. There is no late registration for All-in Shootouts.
Unfortunately, no. Challenge All-in Shootout tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash, T$ or other tickets. Any unused tickets after the final All-in Shootout on February 1 will expire.
There are several factors to consider if your Challenge isn’t completed:
- If you have to play a scheduled tournament, Spin & Go or a Sit & Go to complete your Challenge, you may still be involved in your first hand of the tournament. Please wait until after you have played your first hand.
- You did not play the correct tournament. Sit & Go’s and Spin & Go’s do not count for the scheduled tournaments Challenge and vice versa. Please refer to your Challenge Progress and you can also request your Tournament History in the client by selecting ‘Tools’ from the menu on the right hand side of the Main Lobby, then ‘History & Stats’ and ‘Get Tournament History’.
- Also keep in mind that you need to select your Challenge by hitting ‘Start’ BEFORE you complete it to have your progress measured and receive your All-in Shootout ticket.
- Please make sure you have completed the Challenge within the required time frame. All Challenges must be completed before 23:59 ET (ET is server time). Please refer to your client’s Time Zone Settings.
Click here for general PokerStars promotion rules.
If you still have any questions about our January Daily Challenge promotion, please contact email@example.com
Fund your PokerStars account direct from your Android or iOS device with the Mobile Cashier. It makes playing poker on the Mobile app easier than ever!
First Deposit Bonus
All players making their first deposit qualify for the PokerStars 100% deposit bonus of up to $600.