Terms and Conditions – German Championship of Poker
The following are the terms and conditions for all (i) online satellite tournaments ("Satellites") for the German Championship of Poker (GCOP) ("Tour"), as organized by the operator ("PokerStars") of the Internet site found at www.pokerstars.eu (the "Site") and of the PokerStars GUI software (the “Client”). Your logging on to the Client shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
- A winning entrant of a Satellite may receive as a prize a seat into one of the following Tour main events (a "Main Event"): /poker/promotions/gcop/
- You acknowledge that the organiser of the Tour, Global Poker Tours may make additions or alterations to the schedule in paragraph 1 above.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction (whichever is greater) to play in a Satellite. You may be asked at any stage to provide PokerStars or a third party with proof of age and/or identity (passport or valid picture ID). Any player unable to produce such proof of age will be disqualified from the Satellite and excluded from the Client.
- By participating in a Satellite or in any of the Events, you grant PokerStars the right to use your name and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. You further agree to help promote PokerStars and act as a PokerStars spokesperson during and after the Events, including but not limited to, meeting with press and participating in other events conducted by PokerStars.
- If you have qualified for the Event on the Site via a cash Satellite and reach the final table of the Event, you are required by PokerStars to wear PokerStars logo clothing at the final table. You hereby agree to do so.
- The first prize package you win for an Event, whether through a Satellite or in any other way on the Site, is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for money or money’s worth. If you win, you must play or forfeit the package. If you win additional prize packages, they may not be sold or transferred and your PokerStars account will be credited with both T-Money equal to the value of the entry/accommodation package plus the nominated spending/travel cash for the Event.
- If you win a preliminary Satellite that awards the winner a seat into a subsequent Satellite (rather than an Event itself), you may unregister from the subsequent Satellite and you will receive into your account on the Site T-Money equal to the buy-in of that Satellite. You may use this T-Money to enter a direct Satellite to an Event.
- If you have qualified and/or registered for the Event via the Site you may select your preferred start day from those available. You should attend the tournament venue at least one hour before the start time of your chosen start day, to allow sufficient time for registration and seating.
- Step tickets are only valid within the Step system and they are non-transferable and non-refundable. Players must play the first seat they win to a land based event via the Step System.
- When playing in a Satellite you affirm that the name, email address, postal address, and phone number(s) associated with your PokerStars account are accurate, and agree that the person whose name appears on any PokerStars account which wins a package will be deemed to be the person who played and won the Satellite, and that person must attend and play in the Event.
- Any attempt by a player to alter or duplicate their PokerStars account to become eligible for a Satellite will result in forfeiture of any prize won and may result in the closure of such player's PokerStars account.
- In the case of disputes in regards to the participation rights, all matters relating to the awarding of the prizes and or the terms and conditions of the Satellite, the final decision lies with PokerStars’ management, is binding and shall not be subject to review or appeal by an entrant or any third party.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever any winning entrant does not take an element of a prize at a time stipulated by PokerStars, then such winning entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her claim to such prize and PokerStars shall not have any obligation to compensate the winning entrant in any way.
- By entering into a Satellite each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless PokerStars, their legal representatives, their affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any damages whatsoever, including any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the acceptance of any prizes.
- PokerStars reserves the right, at any time, to alter these terms and conditions at is sole discretion, including to cancel, modify or suspend a Satellite if, at its sole discretion, PokerStars believes that the Satellite is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- All players participating in a Satellite must abide by all PokerStars terms of service requirements as listed at www.pokerstars.eu/poker/room/tos/, and by PokerStars general tournament terms and conditions listed at www.pokerstars.eu/poker/tournaments/rules/.
- These terms and conditions and matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Isle of Man law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Isle of Man courts.
If you have any comments or queries, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.