Platinum Pass Adventure: Liv Boeree & Igor Kurganov
The next great poker brain is out there somewhere, and we're sending it to the Bahamas for the PSPC!
"What we've always loved most about poker is the strategy of the game. It constantly challenges you to think deeply, which translates to better decision-making in everyday life.
"So when PokerStars gave us two Platinum Passes to give away to our followers, we immediately knew we wanted to do something that celebrated the rationality and logic that define the game we love. Now we're excited to run a series of puzzles and tests to help find the next great poker brain."
Here's how it's going to work.
- Every three weeks a new quiz challenging skills that are necessary at the poker tables will be open to all. There will be four preliminary quiz rounds of multiple-choice questions, held on July 25th, August 8th, August 29th, and September 19th.
- The 10 contestants with the highest total score across the four preliminary rounds will advance to the final on Wednesday, October 3rd. (Quiz structure TBD)
- Each quiz round (including the final) will take place at the exact date posted and cannot be taken at any other time outside the announced window.
- To resolve any potential tie-break situations, each preliminary round quiz will also be timed. If, after the three rounds, two or more contestants have identical scores and are close to the bubble of the final 10 contestants, the contestants with the lowest total times will advance to the final of 10 contestants.
- The final quiz will also be timed to determine the two Platinum Pass winners.
Even if you don't have much poker experience, we're sure the person who wins this challenge will have the mental agility to compete in the upcoming PSPC event in the Bahamas. Good luck!
Terms & conditions